Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Aruba Mommy - Bon Bini !


Ahhhh....I am back from Aruba and very relaxed. Well, maybe a little less than I was a day or two ago. My boys welcomed me back to reality with arguing/fighting during a restocking trip to Wegmans this morning. Besides that it was lovely! 



It took a lot of emotional pep-talk between me and mostly me to go away and actually enjoy myself. I was feeling extremely guilty about going away without my kids. But we enjoyed 5 amazing nights at the Marriott Resort and did basically NOTHING. That included sitting at the beach and reading without disturbances. I honestly can't tell you the last time that has happened. My husband and I enjoyed dinners and adult time without anything to get in our way. During my time away I had a lot of time to think and come to terms with "child free" time.

 We all need a chance to reconnect with our husband and mostly ourselves. Many of us can't remember what it was like not to have kids mostly because our children hold a very important piece to our own puzzle. Each one of us should not feel guilty to enjoy that small moment of "free" time. It was very hard for me. 



Honestly, by the last day, I was quite excited to go home and see my boys and ready to take on my "real" life again. My boys greeted me at our door with a huge smile and hugs. I was recharged and feeling blessed! And you know what? I probably will do it all again next year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment